May 5, 2017
And here we go. Again! Our house sale fell through, two days ago, but already two realtors have prospective buyers. Since they don’t like for us sellers to be in the house when they arrive, lest we “share” information that could kill the sale in cold blood, my husband and I have to skedaddle off to someplace where we can rattle around for half an hour or more. Now, that is a slam-dunk if we have to go to the store or run errands, anyway. But what about those times when we just need to find a place to lolligag?
To follow are ten cool places you can find wherever you live, depending on how much money you can afford to blow:
1. Movie theaters (good for at least two hours and, if you’re lucky, they include refillable popcorn tubs)
2. Restaurants (can be loosely defined to include In-n-Out, McDonalds, or even a hot-dog-and-drink special at Costco)
3. Shopping or Antique malls where nostalgia abounds. We like those with “husband” chairs
4. Museums (local, state, national, or International, especially if you have the limitless resources of President Trump)
5. Hardware stores that stock doo-hickeys and gizmos galore
6. Sporting goods stores (where you can stock up on “Red Fox Urine” to scare squirrels out of your chimney)
7. Beauty salons or spas (for hair, nails, or foot or back massages). Naps optional.
8. Zoos and amusement parks (if you are like us and never got the hang of “adulting”)
9. Office supply stores: (Where you can tinker with the latest laptops)
10. Libraries and book stores (Tread carefully in these places have caused uncontrollable bouts of reading and escapism)
Well, now that I have shared a few of our favorites when we have to dilly-dally, what are yours? Leave one of your favorite “lolligagging” places in the comments section below.
I look forward to hearing from you.