June 5, 2015
Hey, Highlanders, on count of three, raise your hands if you can name the artist for each song. Ready, set, GO!
1. “California Dreamin’ ” a) the Grateful Dead b) Jimmy Buffet c) the Mamas and the Papas
2. “Poor, Poor Pitiful Me” a) the Rolling Stones b) Linda Ronstadt c) the Mama’s and the Papas
3. “Come See About Me” a) The Supremes b) the Shirelles c) Linda Ronstadt
4. “Little Deuce Coupe” a) Jan and Dean b) the Beatles c) the Beach Boys
And the last one <drum roll>:
5. “Cherry, Cherry” a) Elvis Presley b) the Beatles c) Neil Diamond
Okay, let’s see how everyone did. Below are the answers to each of the five quiz questions.
1. c (Mama’s and the Papas)
2. b (Linda Ronstadt)
3. a (The Supremes)
4. c (the Beach Boys)
5. c (Neil Diamond)
* My thanks go to the YouTube contributors for these embedded links.*
The next level of the quiz, #6-9 matching the following numbers with the name of their AM radio stations. Here we go, again!
6. 1360 a) KFJZ b) KXOL c) WBAP d) KLIF.
7. 1270 a) KLIF b) KFJZ c) KXOL d) WBAP
8. 1190 a) KLIF b) WBAP c) KFJZ d) KXOL
9. 820 a) KLIF b) KXOL c) KFJZ d) WBAP.
And for the trivia question <another drum roll>
10. Charlie Hobbie was a deejay on a) KXOL b) KLIF c) WBAP d) KFJZ.
Let’s see how we did on the second round. Please hold your applause until the end.
6. b (KXOL)
7. b) KFJZ
8. a) KLIF
9. d (WBAP)
10. d (KFJZ)
So, there you have it. My favorite song from the 1960’s was the Diamonds’ “Li’l Darlin'”. What was your favorite? I’d love to hear from you!